Yevgen Solovyov appointed as a partner at Ilyashev & Partners
Yevgen Solovyov, attorney, insolvency receiver. He has been working at Ilyashev & Partners since 1999. The main Yevgen’s areas of specialization are corporate law, M&A, compliance practice and business protection. In addition, Yevgen advises on corporate restructuring matters, defence against hostile takeovers, corporate disputes, fire damage cases, and criminal law.
Yevgen provided legal support regarding the corporate issues of the biggest Ukrainian and international companies, including the development of corporate structures for business organization; acquisition or sale of businesses, corporate rights, companies’ shares and participation interests; conducting legal audits; acquisition and transfer of control over the subjects of commercial activities; advises on fire damage cases.
Yevgen also advises key clients on various issues arising in the course of commercial transactions, conducting business activities, as well as accompanies foreign investment and structuring transactions.
Among the projects supervised by Yevgen are as follows:
• Due diligence and advising on the acquisition of Ivano-Frankivsk Steel Reinforcing Plant.
• Due diligence of PZU Ukraine and PZU Life Ukraine for holding an IPO PZU SA.
• Due diligence and support for the purchase of Zavalivsky graphite plant and related companies.
• Representation of Nadra Bank during legal audit.
• Supporting the acquisition of an agricultural enterprise with a land bank of 1100 hectares and other assets.
• Representation of Biopharma plant in proceedings related to the insurance reimbursement for damage caused by fire for the amount of over UAH 100 million due to the occurrence of fire emergency.
• Representation of the leading market operator of the professional equipment and tools in Ukraine as a victim in the criminal case which was initiated subject to the fact of property damage inflicted as a result of arson, which caused a loss in particularly large amounts, as well as representation of interests, provision of consultations, rendering assistance in conducting investigations and establishing causes and circumstances of the fire, interaction with the insurance company for receiving insurance compensation in the amount of USD 11.1 mln.
• Representation of SE Antonov Aviation Science and Technology Complex in the case of its merger with Kyiv State Aviation Plant Aviant.
• Legal support of an international agricultural holding company in the process of acquisition of a grain elevator through a share deal.
• Representation of interests of a major agricultural complex in the corporate dispute between the group’s management and its shareholder for the total sum of USD 200 million.
• Advising Poltava Petroleum Company regarding the distribution of dividends.
• Liquidation of Ukrainian representative office of Elin GmbH&Co. – joint venture of Austrian company Ortner Group, and Siemens AG.
• Liquidation of Alfa Group’s subsidiary companies in Ukraine.