Ukrainian Law Firms 2020. A Handbook for Foreign Clients is now available
Yuridicheskaya Practika Publishing publishes its annual market research Ukrainian Law Firms 2020. A Handbook for Foreign Clients.
The Handbook provides a legislative review and in-depth research of the country’s legal services market.
The publication covers:
- Recent developments and the prospects for the Ukrainian legal services market;
- Monitoring of notable public transactions throughout 2019;
- Review of Ukrainian law by practice areas and industries, carried out by prominent local and international legal counsels;
- National legal directory by practice areas/industries: 21 surveys and 32 rankings.
“As for the summer of 2020, it is obvious that this pandemic will have far-reaching consequences, which are beyond our ultimate understanding and control. What should be at the top of the minds of law firm leaders today? The only suitable answer is a smart approach — client-centered technologies, efficiency and rightsizing”, comments Olga Usenko, Editor-in Chief.
Constant communication with the Ukrainian legal community and analysis of existing trends reveal an interesting set of new changes:
- 2019 was a favorable year for lending on international capital markets and banking finance;
- The past year saw the IT and technologies sector produce remarkable growth;
- The offline retail market tended to scale online;
- The white-collar crime practice continued its upcoming track, facilitated by the establishment of regulatory bodies;
- The notable trend in 2019 was development of GR and lobbying practice;
- Labor and employment advice was one of the fastest-growing legal offerings of the past spring;
- The rest of 2020 and beyond will trigger debt restructuring;
- The current crisis will be a source of contractual disputes and see a rise in the caseload of arbitral institutions all over the world.
Below we present industry trends which we identified before and after the spring of 2020:
- Splits and new forms of cooperation;
- Filling the gaps and rightsizing;
- New generation of in-house lawyers;
- Flexible pricing;
- Strategic importance of technology;
- Remote work;
- Crucial role of online presence;
- Video marketing;
- Business-driven leadership;
- Emergency planning.
Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients has been published in English on an annual basis since 2003, and has gained the reputation of being a reliable market guide to top law firms and practitioners in Ukraine.
The full version of the printed magazine will be available online shortly at www.ukrainianlawfirms.com and at issuu.com